Online Video Counselling Sessions for Alberta & Ontario Residents
Secure. Convenient. Effective.
Online counseling is becoming increasingly popular as the world becomes more comfortable with the internet and as people seek ways to save time in their busy lives.
Who Can Benefit from Online Video Counseling?
- Saves time for clients who don’t want to or can’t take the time to drive to and from an appointment. You can attend sessions from your home or office.
- Saves money in travel costs that you’d pay to see a therapist in-person.
- Clients who live outside of Calgary and feel it is too far to drive into town for therapy sessions.
- People who have a disability or are unable to easily attend in-person therapy sessions.
- Ideal for those who don’t want to travel during poor weather days when driving may be difficult or unsafe.
- Suitable for those who travel a lot and are unable to meet regularly for in-person counselling sessions.
- Ideal for those uncomfortable talking face-to-face with a therapist. The greater anonymity available in online counselling can encourage some clients to communicate more openly.
How Do Online Counseling Sessions Work?
Online therapy sessions are held on a platform called Zoom. Zoom is a video conference platform that is easy to use and has a high degree of security.
At the time of your session, you click on a link that I have sent to you prior to our scheduled online appointment.
It’s important that you choose a quiet space where you won’t be interrupted during your counselling session.
Online sessions are 1 hour, the same length of time as in-person sessions.
All sessions are deleted immediately afterwards unless the client requests a copy to view.
You can attend online sessions at anytime you choose. You can do all or only some of your counselling sessions online.
How Effective is Online Counselling?
Research shows online therapy can be just as effective as in-person counselling. Whether or not you can benefit from online therapy depends on how comfortable you are with the method.